Tuesday 26 July 2011

Turquoise-emerald beads - 6 of 366 creative days

6/366
This is sixth day of 366 creative days

a - Materials
b - Tools
c - Techniques
d - End result
e - Used for
f - Other info

a - Materials
1. Polymer clay colors

          1 - 1x0(white) + 3x32(turquoise)+black painting
          2 - 2x014(transparent white)+1x32(turquoise)
          3 -1x56(emerald)
          4 - 1x404(transparent orange)+2x504(transparent green)
          5 - 1x504(transparent green)+1x014(transparent white)
          6 -1x504(transparent green)
          7 - 1x504(transparent green)+1x374(transparent blue)+1x014(transparent white)
          8 -  2x504(transparent green)+2x374(transparent blue)
          9 - 1x014(transparent white)
          10 -  Silver leaf
Back to top

b - Tools
           Forgot to take a picture, also to add the extruded tube when finishes, getting too tired I think.
          1 - Pasta machine
          2 - Extrude gun
          3 - Tissue blade
Back to top

c - Techniques
2. Tube to be extruded and Mokume gane layers

          1 -I made the tube layers of different sizes, vary between 1 and 6, depending on the mat left from each material. Cut 3 disks for each material and also added some turquoise dried and run trough a pasta machine( was looking more like rice) as a disk.
          2 - For the layers I run them at setting 8, then placed each contrasting 3 together and between them silver leaf.
          3 -For the blocks in image 3 I got all the rest materials cut them very very small and mixed them with a 10 cm/5cm silver leaf or gold(the smaller one) and made a block of out them keeping them as natural as possible.
          4 - Beads and drops are made from scrap left from the Mokume gane layers.

          5 - To make the turquoise beads I used paint with turquoise bits and left it to dry 1-2 days then put it all together and when I needed I cut chunks of it in small bits again and mixing it with 1xwhite+2xturquoise polymer clay

d - End result
3. Beads and blocks

e - Used for
Back to top
          
f - Other info
          - For the cubes at the end I used chunks of white, big mistake
          - colors aren't quite accurate
          - all this is unbaked, they will look more transparent when they will be cured
          - this is not a tutorial, was posted to help me remember some things and to keep track on "366 creative days" project. If you want a tutorial with detailed pictures about this method let me know.

Thank you for your support!
Back to top

5 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! I would love a tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're beautiful! I would greatly appreciate you send me a detailed tutorial. My e-mail is amanitacreaciones@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I would really appreciate a tutorial for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful. I'm not sure I understand your recipes in order to reproduce this effect which is lovely. I would love a tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love a tutorial please! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...