Wednesday 10 August 2011

Clay cinnabar hallow bead - 21 of 366 creative days

21/366
 For twenty first day I have tried to make cinnabar beads, specially a hallow polymer clay bead. The color isn't how I imagined but I will work on it some more

a - Materials
b - Tools
c - Techniques
d - End result
e - Used for
f - Other info

a - Materials
          1 -Started with 6 parts of polymer clay fuchsia(fimo strawberry) and 1 part yellow and a pinch of black then added plenty of yellow and some tempera red color. I will come back and remake this recipe, the color ended like the red in 3/366, stripes of polymer clay, I guess the color I see as cinnabar should be an indian red but darker.
          2 - Wax

b - Tools
          1 - Pasta machine
          2 - Cutter
          3 - Drills
Back to top
c - Techniques
          1 - I made a was ball and placed a thick layer of polymer clay on top the modeled, added some textures and cut some, baked and than hand sculpted the cured polymer clay with a sharp thick cutter and drills. For the rest of the beads just use some flower molds and some more

d - End result
Polymer clay cinnabar hallow bead and more
 Back to top
e - Used for
         Will be added later

f - Other info
 - he beads are baked and polished a bit
 - this is not a tutorial, was posted to help me remember some things and to keep track on "366 creative days" project. If you want a tutorial on how to make hallow beads with polymer clay, with detailed pictures about how I did it, let me know.

Thank you!
Back to top

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...