Tuesday 2 August 2011

Polymer clay beads - 13 of 366 creative days

13/366
  For the thirteen day of 366 creative days I have made beads from the polymer clay patterns I have done in the previous days, as well as from mixing those or tried some new polymer clay techniques that I learned.
  I will cheat a bit cause I got carried away and forgot to post so I will change the hour so it will look like I posted yesterday.

a - Materials
b - Tools
c - Techniques
d - End result
e - Used for
f - Other info

a - Materials
          1 - Clay gun experiment (1/366)
          2 - Pastel Mokume Gane (2/366)
          3 - Extruded turquoise-emerald logs (6/366)
          4 - Gradient Ikat (9/366)
          5 - Base was made from that version of light terracotta used at the flower shaped pendats

b - Tools
          1 - Pasta machine
          2 - Tissue blade
          3 - Toothpicks
          4 - Hard flat piece of acrylic for the swirls
Back to top

c - Techniques
          1 - I cut slices from the polymer clay unbaked patterns and added them on the beads
          2 - Some of them I modeled by hand with the toothpick afterward

d - End result


Polymer clay beads
          Sorry for the bad photo.

e - Used for
           Will be added later.

f - Other info
          - the sizes varies between 1.1cm and 1.8 cm
          - unbaked(uncured)
          - this is not a tutorial, was posted to help me remember some things and to keep track on "366 creative days" project. If you want a tutorial with detailed pictures about how I did it, let me know.

          Thank you for your support!
Back to top

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...